Article,

Shadow of the Tomb Raider Review (No Spoilers) - New Accessibility Options

September 10, 2018 Kate Sykes 1 Comments


Last week, I was lucky enough to be given Shadow of the Tomb Raider early to review it and I haven't finished the game yet as I've been taking my time, but since I've already spoken about the spectacular new graphics, the new mechanics and Lara's character in my previous review from the London reveal event in April, I want to talk about the most important thing about this game to me...and that's the new accessibility options.

Some of you reading this may know that I have Quadriplegic Spastic Cerebral Palsy. Because of that, my dexterity isn't the best. I've been playing the Tomb Raider games since I was 8 years old and there's always been at least one thing I've needed an extra hand for. Now, that's not a problem.
An example of that is repeated button pressing. One of these new options for customisable controls allows you to change that to simply holding down the button and Lara will perform the same action. 



Another thing I think will be helpful for others who play with their controllers on a table/laptray is turning the vibration off.
I play on the Xbox with a customised controller that has the vibration deactivated anyway but I've noticed while playing games on the Playstation, it's very difficult to keep that one still when trying to steer your character etc.

I don't think I'm far from finishing the main story on SOTTR now and that will be the first time I'll have completed a game entirely by myself so thank you to Eidos Montreal and Crystal Dynamics for adding that feature and for giving me early access!

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. Early access to 'Shadow?' Now that's cool! I hope you're enjoying it (Pretty sure you are -g- ) and thank you giving your particular POV on some of the features.

    ReplyDelete