Article,

COSPLAY CORNER: INTERVIEW WITH ISA MALICE

January 27, 2023 Kate Sykes 1 Comments

 
Original photo by JérômePhoto.

Happy New Year, everyone! Hope you all enjoyed the holidays, however you celebrate!
I apologise for the lack of content as of late but life got in the way.
That being said, I’m starting 2023 by welcoming a new guest to the Cosplay Corner.
I’ve been following her work for a number of years now and her photos never disappoint!
I’m delighted to introduce Isa Malice!

Photo and edit by Yohann Franco

TDD: When did you first discover Tomb Raider?
IM: I don't know exactly when I discovered Tomb Raider, it was in the 90's, but I remember I fell in love with Lara Croft at first sight. I watched my little cousin playing Tomb Raider in the 90's because I didn't have a PlayStation. I played TR for the first time many years later with TR Underworld.

TDD: How did you get into cosplay?
IM: I started cosplaying in 2013. It was my little sister who introduced me to cosplay and conventions.
I started cosplaying Lara in 2015 because people mistook me for Lara when I cosplayed Alice from the Resident Evil movies. 😅
Cosplaying Lara was a big challenge for me because she's so beautiful, sexy and badass! I didn't trust myself when I decided to cosplay her…but when I heard people’s great reactions at cons when I cosplayed her for the 1st time, it was really nice and encouraging for me to continue.

Photo and edit by Alaska Green

TDD: What does Lara’s character mean to you?
IM: Whatever generation of Lara, she represents strength, courage, intelligence and beauty.

TDD: You’ve recreated quite a few of Lara’s outfits. Which is your favourite?
IM: Underworld obviously! And the Tokyo Dress is my 2nd choice. 😀

Photo and edit by Dakota Photography

TDD: Most difficult costume to make?
IM: It was the Shadow of the Tomb raider outfit: the top was so difficult to sew (I'll sew another one later because I don't like my 1st attempt), and there's so many props now! I don't have the time to craft the bow for now.

Photo by Lyah Cosplay 

TDD: Any memorable experiences while cosplaying?
IM: I participated in the [Shadow of the Tomb Raider] Mud Day [in Paris] as Lara for the photobooth. It was awesome! I was so nervous and excited at the same time. I didn't know how people would react when they saw me... but when I heard “Wahoo it's really Lara Croft!” I was really over the moon. 🤗🤗

TDD: What’s your next project?
IM: I have to repair my classic backpack for a photoshoot and craft the SOTTR bow too…but for now, I haven’t planned another Lara outfit, even though many outfits have caught my eye. 😉  I'm waiting for a new game to cosplay her...

Lara joins Assassins Creed! Photo by Christophe Perez.

Thank you so much to Isa for taking the time to talk to me!
You can follow her on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. Neat little interview. Fun how international cosplay is.

    ReplyDelete